ADHS Archives

November 2007

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dan Malleck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:51:53 -0500
For colleagues' information

>Please feel free to share this information
><http://www.ishss.uva.nl/addiction>http://www.ishss.uva.nl/addiction
>
>Dear colleagues,
>
>We are pleased to let you know that the Summer Institute on Alcohol,
>Drugs and Addiction will be held at the International School for
>Humanities and Social Sciences at the  Universiteit van Amsterdam
>from July 13- 26, 2008.
>The Summer Institute offers students of various disciplines and
>professions a great opportunity to advance their knowledge in the
>field of addiction studies in an international environment. The
>Institute is an intensive two-week summer programme that seeks to
>provide an interdisciplinary approach to the study of addiction and
>to promote opportunities for international networking among participants.
>
>The Institute welcomes individuals with a focused interest in
>addiction research and treatment, Master's and PhD students, NGO
>staff working on addiction-related issues, professionals in human
>services, practitioners, and advocates.
>
>There are NFP fellowships available for Summer Institute
>participants from 57 selected countries. For more information, see
><http://www.nuffic.nl/nfp/>http://www.nuffic.nl/nfp/ and click
>"fellowships for short courses".
>
>We expect a 2008 class of approximately 15 students. The Institute's
>classes are intensive small group seminars with discussions,
>excursions, faculty lectures and guest lectures by prominent people
>in the field. We will be able to provide CEUs for most counselors as
>well as course credits for students.
>
>The scientific director is Helen Levine, and this year's faculty
>includes Dennis McCarty, Lala Ashenberg Straussner, and Mirjam
>Schieveld. Applications must be addressed to the Universiteit van
>Amsterdam at the address below. You can visit our web site
><http://www.ishss.uva.nl/addiction>http://www.ishss.uva.nl/addiction
>for further information or to download an application form.
>
>Please feel free to share this information.
>
>Sincerely yours,
>
>Helen Levine,
>Mirjam Schieveld
>
>Summer Institute on Alcohol, Drugs and Addiction
>International School for the Humanities and Social Sciences
>Universiteit van Amsterdam
>
>Postal address
>Prins Hendrikkade 189-B
>1011TD Amsterdam
>The Netherlands
>phone: +31 20 525.3776
>fax: +31 20 525.3778
>E-mail: [log in to unmask]
><http://www.ishss.uva.nl/addiction>http://www.ishss.uva.nl/addiction

Dan Malleck, PhD
Assistant Professor, Community Health Sciences
Brock University
500 Glenridge Ave
St. Catharines, Ontario
L2S 3A1
905 688-5550 ext 5108

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any attachments, may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and
immediately delete this message and its contents, and then find
someone to blame. Thank you.