ADHS Archives

October 1999

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"K. Austin Kerr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:30:55 -0400
I am  trying to find out what the pattern was with the state government
liquor monopolies in the last 10 years or so.  I have read Robin Room's
very informative article that brings the subject up to date through the
mid-1980s, but I cannot find anything that updates that pattern over the
last decade.

Here in Ohio the state policy went from state-operated package liquor
stores to privately operated package liquor stores.  My guess is that
Ohio's action was part of a larger pattern of institutional change, but my
checking with standard reference sources reveals no article on the subject.

Does any subscriber know of an article on this subject post Room ?  If not,
do you know of other states that have done the same as Ohio?

K. Austin Kerr
Professor of History, Ohio State University
Columbus Ohio 43210
voice: 614-292-2613
fax:    614-292-2282
e-mail: [log in to unmask]