ADHS Archives

October 2007

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dan Malleck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:58:14 -0400
Hi everyone
I have recently learned from ABC-Clio, the publishers of the Alcohol
and Temperance in Modern History encyclopedia that they have placed
this item on their reduced list.  I just purchased a copy of it for
under $100 (which included shipping and tax), which is a bargain
considering how much it originally cost (over $200, I believe).

This is an excellent encyclopedia, a sort of must-have for anyone
studying anything in the broad field of alcohol and/or temperance
history.  If your university library doesn't have a copy, now might
be a chance to push them to buy it.  If you want a personal copy...
well, Christmas is coming!

Cheers

Dan Malleck, PhD
Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada.
Secretary/Treasurer, The Alcohol and Drugs History Society
Editor-in-chief, Social History of Alcohol and Drugs: An
Interdisciplinary Journal
http://historyofalcoholanddrugs.typepad.com

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any attachments, may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and
immediately delete this message and its contents, and then find
someone else to blame. Thank you.