ADHS Archives

January 2001

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Martin Platts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:12:50 -0500
Has anyone on this list researched the breakdown of alcoholism and DUI in regards to wine consumption?
I have contacted a number of organizations who generalize but never give actual specifics as to the statistical breakdown between wine, beer, and spirits.
Does drinking wine with food travel through the blood stream at a slower rate than if one was consuming beer and spirits with the same food?
What is the metabolic rate difference ratios in all three alcohol substances on say a 180 lb man and 135lb woman?
Is wine is bottom of the DUI list of alcohol beverages in such cases?
Government agencies have been very reluctant to disseminate the differences to me.
This information I need for my forthcoming book "Visions on Wine." which hopes to cover both sides of the issue.
Thank you.
Martin Platts h.c.i.m.a.