MATHED Archives

February 1996

MATHED@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kansky R <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mathematical Education Committee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 14:05:32 -0500
The following note from Ed Jones is apropos our discussion at the last Math
Educ Comm meeting (and the letter we are preparing).  Please take action as
Ed requests if you can.

Bob
From: Jones E on Fri, Feb 2, 1996 11:48 AM
Subject: Licensure Process

To EDT social studies and math colleagues:

I have sent information to science colleagues across campus about the
birth-3rd grade licensure problem.  I have also emailed some colleagues
across the state.  I hope they will contact the state board and the
legislature recommending that the birth-3rd license be split into preschool
and primary levels.  It us not enough for us to assume we will be able to
defeat the early childhood recommendation in EAP.  If it passes the state
board and the legislature, with all the ece requirements intact, our position
will be severely compromised.  Is there any chance that you-all might do
something similar for math and social studies?  The state board meets to
decide on Feb 11, so there isn't much time.  Thanks!   ej