OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2007

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 1 Feb 2007 01:21:54 -0500606_US-ASCII With a little free time, I checked out two areas that often attract unusual strays in cold weather here in Columbus: Antrum Lake and Griggs Dam. At Antrum, the lake was only partially frozen, but had only pulled in a few Mallards geese and Coots, with a flock of Ring-billed Gulls loafing on the ice shelf. The adjoining Olentangy river had some roosting Great Blues and fair numbers of geese and mallards. The surrounding riparian forest was more lively, with lots of woodpeckers (including drumming Downies & Hairies) and flock birds, but nothing very unusual besides a Winter wren rooting [...]43_1Feb200701:21:[log in to unmask]