OHIO-BIRDS Archives

May 2020

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 May 2020 06:40:57 -0400
Thanks to all in the Ohio eBird community who have submitted suggestions of
eBird hotspots, tips for birding, and photos of hotspots.

This week we added 8  eBird shared bird reporting hotspots in Butler,
Clinton, Fairfield, Greene, Lake, Miami, Portage, and Vinton counties and
updates to hotspots in Cuyahoga, Licking, and Portage counties.

In addition adjusted the names of several eBird hotspots to remove the word
Skypool from the name. These hotspots may be used to report birds at any
time of year, although they are most productive in wet weather. We have
many hotspots in Ohio where skypools may form. The information about
skypools has been retained in the description of these hotspots.

Check the latest post in the "What's New . . ." blog of the Ohio eBird
Hotspot website for details on new and updated hotspots:
https://birding-in-ohio.com/whats-new-may-2-2020/

Ken Ostermiller
eBird Hotspot reviewer for Ohio