ADHS Archives

March 2006

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Virginia Berridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:20:51 +0100
Dear All,

Participants in the list serve may be interested in two projects at the
Centre for History in Public Health at LSHTM,University of London.

One just completed,is a study of the relevance of temperance to current
and future alcohol policy.
Temperance.Its history and impact on current and future alcohol policy
(JRF,2005).

Its also available to download from the JRF website at www.jrf.org.uk.

The other  is a new project funded by The Alcohol Education and
Research Council on binge drinking in historical and cross cultural
context.I attach an information sheet about the research. We would like
to get comments  and references from historians  and others.I can paste
the text into an e mail if its not possible to circulate
attachments.People can reply to me with their ideas.

I look forward to hearing from those who have comments on this topic or
references to suggest.All welcome!

best wishes,
Virginia Berridge

Virginia Berridge
Professor of History
Centre for History in Public Health
Department of Public Health and Policy
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Keppel Street
London WC1E 7HT
Tel:  0207  927 - 2269
Fax: 0207  637 - 3238